At Leapfrog we offer licences for teaching approved courses of study in tertiary institutions. We provide you with the support and resources to help with teaching how to use Leapfrog and allow students to experience 3D geological modelling software first hand.
The really impressive thing about Leapfrog is the 3D graphics it produces and the way it makes it easier to display and explain geological structures to students.
Leapfrog is used by the world's largest mining exploration, and environmental companies, consultants and government agencies. Ensuring your students are familiar with Leapfrog will give them the best head start in their industry. Find out more about Leapfrog.
Some of the ways Leapfrog can be used as a teaching solution:
Improving the understanding of how deposits form.
Enabling the structural geology to be assessed determines the history of post-mineral deformation creating a viable model for structural evolution.
Illustrating features & testing hypotheses.
For more information on Leapfrog teaching licences please complete the teaching licence application form.
Lesson material and licenses
So that you hit the ground running, learning resources and teaching materials are available for download for both teaching staff and students.
Full support from our team of Leapfrog experts is also available. Contact your local support team.
With a Leapfrog Teaching Licence you can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Highly discounted Leapfrog licences.
- Access to on-going support.
- Leapfrog provides an easily comprehensible way to display and explain geological structures to students.
- Leapfrog is a valuable tool for illustrating features and testing hypothesis.
- Leapfrog is both a well-recognised and trusted software within the geological and mining industries. By incorporating Leapfrog into the curriculum you will be equipping students with valuable knowledge for the future.
- There is high demand for geologists with Leapfrog knowledge in the world's top mining organisations.
- Leapfrog skills can be easily transferred into commercial and research environments.
- Access to resources including teaching and study materials.
- Access to a wider community of Leapfrog users.
A teaching licence must be used in support of a specific geology course delivered by a lecturer to a class of students at an approved tertiary institution. A full licence will be issued to the lecturer along with a set number of student licences to ensure everyone within the class has access to the software.
There are many different ways Leapfrog can be used in a teaching environment. Your local Leapfrog support team will be able to discuss your options and help you find the best way to integrate Leapfrog into your curriculum.
Leapfrog teaching licences are to be used for educational purposes only, they may not be used for any commercial projects.
A Leapfrog representative will follow up with the lecturer on an ad hoc basis throughout the duration of the course.Register for a Leapfrog licence