Leapfrog Hydro has a number of applications in hydrogeological projects, from environment restoration through to carbon sequestration.
Modelling for contaminated site investigations & assessment
- Rapidly determine the volumes of contaminated soil and water using Leapfrog Hydro's geological model building and 3D interpretation tools.
- The 3D modelling graphics let modellers, management and regulators visualise the situation in a realistic environment.
- Upon completion of site characterisation, the project file can be transferred to a groundwater modeller who can then construct a flow and transport model within the same conceptual model discretisation.
Water resource evaluation
- Regional geologic models and their input to subsequent groundwater models can be constructed with ease using Leapfrog Hydro's intuitive workflow.
- Leapfrog Hydro has the ability to combine a range of data sources to produce comprehensive models.
Modelling for ongoing review & maintenance
- Models are built directly from the data through a process of successive refinements.
- New data can be automatically incorporated into existing Leapfrog Hydro models for updated interpretation.
- MODFLOW and FEFLOW legacy models can be imported for comparison to current data sets.
- New geologic models can be transferred to existing grids with one click, accelerating the revision of existing models.
- Leapfrog Hydro is increasingly being used in a resource extraction environment. The abilty to rapidly regrid is a significant feature for this application.
Presentation & Communication
- The free Leapfrog Viewer provides an informative platform for distributing and communicating modelling results.
- The Viewer can be downloaded for free from the website, allowing all stakeholders to see and explore the results in a true 3D environment.
- Saving 3D scene files lets you create an interactive storyboard of the model development process which can then be showcased in a full HD Windows Media movie.