Leapfrog Mining is a toolbox approach to geological modelling. The toolbox includes a wide range of tools for modelling grade, alteration, lithologies, structures and mineralisation.
- Easily import, geo-reference and integrate, maps, evaluation grids and images into models for rapid and effective visualisation of raw and processed data.
- Build interlocking geological models with faults and folds to understand even the most complex geologies.
- 3D measurement tools and a transparency function provide even better visualisation and understanding. The unique x-ray function helps to interpret the structure of high grade zones within the full data set, even within the densest areas of data.
One step database checking & control
- Automatic error checking increases data reliability and allows error lists to be easily exported.
- Detect errors in imported files by both data consistency checking and visual reference to the 3D model.
- Simplify and regroup lithological codes interactively for consistent coding, for increased reliability.
- Fix errors as they are detected and change the extents on a project.
- Model complex veins, dykes and individual strata with ease directly from drill logs using Leapfrog Mining's interval selection tools in combination with advanced 'vein' modelling workflows.
- Easily visualise the thickness of veins.
- Specifiy the minimum thickness of veins.
- Export in a variety of formats.
Dynamic updating & refinement
- Regroup lithological codes and change chronological assumptions.
- Add new drillhole data and linework to improve the shape of the model in low data density areas.
Share your models
- Create presentations and Leapfrog movies using the scene file storyboard and export to Windows Media Player format.
- Freely and easily distribute Leapfrog Viewer files for quick and easy communication.
- Create clear and conclusive communication with impressive high quality 3D models.
- Create high resolution model images for inclusion in reports and posters.
- Slice through models at any orientation and show others what lies beneath.
- Leapfrog Mining's first class grade modelling helps highlight structural controls - elements that are often missed when interpreting in sections.
- Generate geological wireframes from drillhole data within a matter of hours, allowing you to test a variety of geological scenarios in rapid succession, all from the raw data.
- Smooth nuggety data to reveal underlying trends.
- Perform grade modelling rapidly and effectively for enhanced visualisation of trends. This can be used to produce a range of ore-waste cut-off automatically.
- Leapfrog Mining lets you define domains from any surface, either internally created or imported. In turn, a domain can be used to constrain grade models by only incorporating points that are inside the domain. This enables users to define the region of interest.
- Construct surfaces representing fabrics from structural measurements or control surfaces using structural measurements.
Drillhole planning & targeting
- Easily plan and target drillholes within the Leapfrog 3D environment.
- Compare what is discovered against what is expected.
- Leapfrog Mining removes the need for manual digitisation. In certain situations digitisation may still be required to provide powerful 3D drawing tools (polylines and structural measurements) to digitise traces and field measurements as points, lines, Bezier curves or surfaces.
- Polylines and structural measurements can be used as inputs for fault or bedding surfaces, trend surfaces and constraints.
- Digitised points can also be merged with raw data to add further information to the model.